Physical therapy (PT) is care that aims to ease pain and help you function, move, and live better.
You may need it to:
- Relieve pain
- Improve movement or ability
- Prevent or recover from a sports injury
- Prevent disability or surgery
- Rehab after a stroke, accident, injury, or surgery
- Work on balance to prevent a slip or fall
- Manage a chronic illness like diabetes, heart disease, or arthritis
- Recover after you give birth
- Control your bowels or bladder
- Adapt to an artificial limb
- Learn to use assistive devices like a walker or cane
- Get a splint or brace
People of all ages get physical therapy. It can treat a variety of health problems.
At Cape Fear Orthopedics & Sports Medicine , we are not only committed to ensuring our patients receive the best treatment available; we believe their recovery and rehabilitation is equally as important. Our physical and occupational therapists offer a comprehensive range of approaches to help restore the function of our patients after injury, surgery, and illness.
Our physical and occupational therapists evaluate and develop an individualized care plan that addresses the specific needs and treatment goals of our patients. Therapy treatment may include the use of various forms of therapeutic exercise to enhance function and strengthen muscles. Our goal and commitment is to return our patients to active living, free of pain.
OUR PHYSICAL THERAPY SPECIALTIES INCLUDE:
- Orthopedic injuries
- Pre- and postsurgical rehabilitation
- Functional rehabilitation of assisted return to activity
- Pain management via exercise and other modalities
- Strengthening exercises
For more information about our physical and occupational therapy services or to schedule an appointment with our highly trained physical therapists, please call (910) 484-2171.