As the most versatile joint in the human body, our shoulder joint provides us with a tremendous amount of flexibility.
In most cases, pain in the shoulder can be the result of one of four main causes: inflammation, instability, arthritis, or a fracture. However, this range of motion can lead to shoulder pain or discomfort.
Symptoms of a possible shoulder condition or injury include:
- Pain and stiffness in or around the shoulder joint
- Limited shoulder mobility
- Difficulty and/or inability to reach overhead
- Shoulder joint pain that keeps you awake at night
- A popping or grinding feeling when using the afflicted shoulder
Whether you’re suffering from a recent injury, such as a rotator cuff tear or shoulder dislocation, or the pain in your shoulder has developed over time from shoulder tendonitis or bursitis, our shoulder doctors at Cape Fear Orthopedics & Sports Medicine understand your desire for pain relief.
To consult with one of our shoulder doctors, please request an appointment online, or call (910) 484-2171.